Sunday, October 9, 2011

Standing at the Door of The Slanted Door




11:45am Reservations. We waited in the rain for the doors of The Slanted Door to open. We loved our modern Vietnamese brunch.



As any foodie can tell you more about this restaurant than I, these are the highlights:




five spice duck confit salad with frisee and asian pear - I always try to order something that I would never make at home: duck confit.
grilled black mission figs, lemon ice cream, toasted parmesan: ok, this sounds a little wierd, and it felt a little like judging 'chopped', but yum.

And the tea. I'd had this type of tea at my friend Eileen's home. Here, served in a goblet, steaming on a rainy afternoon, it was just fabulous. I will be serving this at home, with this inspiring presentation.






































































No comments:

Post a Comment