Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friendship Fuels

This is the type of weekend that makes Aspen famous. The Aspens are changing to perfectly match the blue sky. I flew over them on my return from San Francisco. I should be blogging about either one of these inspiring experiences, but I have a report for work due on Tuesday morning in the form of a four hour PowerPoint presentation, so I've been glued to my lap top every night this week and since Friday night.

Saturday morning, I awoke to a text: I will call you later. I have leftover delicious sirloin beef brisket and it is just enough for your dinner so you can work on your presentation and have a nice meal while you do it.

I can't describe how this thoughtfulness feels. I tear up. I should know...I actually make food for others quite often. Just this week, I made a lasagna for a co-worker's family because she was on a work trip to Asia. I like doing it so to me it seems no big deal. But it is a big deal. Any simple kind doing of neighbors or friends or co-workers is a meaningful gesture that can make life easier and more joyful.

Please pay it forward.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:my apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment